The D&AD Awards
Devise a suitably creative event for the D&AD 'Yellow Pencil' Awards, which celebrate the highest standard of design and innovation in the advertising industry.
- Design an event that reflects the creative nature of the awards that's capable of impressing even the most jaded of advertising professionals.
- Taking 'The Yellow Pencils' as inspiration, the Royal Festival Hall was transformed into a giant illustration. An interior scene, complete with furniture, pictures, windows, doors and caricatures of advertising industry 'types', was hand-drawn and printed life-size so guests felt they had stepped into a cartoon world.
- Guests had the opportunity to step into a 'photographite booth' to have their portraits hand-drawn by a cartoonist.
- Entertainment included Beardyman, The Portico Quartet, Golden Silvers and The Cuban Brothers with DJ sets from Andy Weatherall and Hot Chip.
- "I've had so much great feedback from everyone about the creative concept. The illustrations looked brilliant and were a big hit. I heard that security had to stop loads of people trying to take the cut outs home with them as they left!"
Rob Eves, Marketing Director, D&AD.